First we have the Coors Light Pole Qualifying (with all the special rules) and then Budweiser Duels that actually set the starting order at the “the great American race”.
This is the facts that we know so far:
- Coors Light Pole Qualifying winner and runner-up: #24 Jeff Gordon and #48 Jimmie Johnson will start at the front row
- The top 4 best qualifying speed (from any of the 3 qualifying rounds): #43 Aric Amirola, #17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr, #19 Carl Edwards and #1 Jamie McMurray
- Through owners points: #4 Kevin Harvick, #31 Ryan Newman, #11 Denny Hamlin, #22 Joey Logano, #2 Brad Keselowski and #20 Matt Kenseth
- Most recent part Sprint Cup champion provisional: #14 Tony Stewart
- There are 6 drivers that needs to race their way in to the race through the Budweiser Duels (because teams not high enough in previous season owners points): #46 Michael Annett, #21 Ryan Blaney, #30 Ron Hornaday Jr., #29 Justin Marks, #34 David Ragan, #44 Reed Sorenson
It will be interesting to see if any of the above 6 drivers actually will make it to Daytona 500. On Thursday the 19th will they get there chance at the Budweiser Duels – good luck!